What Are Cloud-Based Services?.office Live, All Blogs, AWS
In short, cloud-based services are IT resources that function on the internet. Businesses don’t have to rely on their own systems to uphold the services—instead, the “cloud” hosts what they need. Cloud IT solutions can be broken up into different categories. The service offerings available from Digicon include:
- Information Technology-as-a-Service (ITaaS): This operational model facilitates outsourcing some or all of a business’s IT and treats IT as a commodity.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): SaaS IT remotely delivers software applications to endpoint devices. These devices then have access to the full capabilities, functions, and interfaces of the software without installing anything on their operating systems.
- Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS): Our on-demand data center offers cloud-based solutions to businesses without the need to install new equipment on site. The ability to scale services based on real-time requirements is the biggest benefit of IaaS.
- Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS): Since this service is provided through the cloud, businesses can access their databases without procuring their own hardware or software.
- Backup-as-a-Service (BUaaS): Digicon’s BUaaS increases the volume of data you can securely back up, even while decreasing the demand on your in-house network’s resources. Deduplication and compression technologies significantly reduce the required backup time.
These offerings are available from Digicon on an as-needed or fully managed basis. Ongoing support keeps your operation running smoothly while allowing for future growth. For more information about our cloud-based solutions, please contact us today.