Service Desk Analyst
Digicon is a leading and innovative IT service provider with more than 30 years of experience delivering groundbreaking IT and scientific solutions to federal and commercial clients alike. We are seeking to hire a service desk analyst to play an instrumental role in support of our commercial, state and local, and federal clients. This is a position on a day/night/weekend (rotating schedule) 24/7/365 team with 4-, 8-, or 12-hour shifts. You will be responsible for receiving and resolving customer calls, chats, emails, and web tickets.
You will perform regular system maintenance in accordance with the documented ITIL processes and procedures. Under general direction, you will provide network diagnostics and problem resolution; security services including security system evaluation and implementation; network virus protection and application support; and system-wide policy and procedures for hardware and software installation and maintenance.
You will perform remote and hands-on system administration for the LAN and for internal and external customer systems and networks. Other responsibilities include installing, configuring, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving issues with laptops and desktops, phones, printers, and Microsoft Office applications.
You must be a US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance with the federal government and be able to pass a police background check with local government.
Skills and Experience Required (mandatory skills in order of priority):
To perform the functions listed above, the following skills are required:
- Experience with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (1+ years of experience)
- Strong remote desktop and remote server skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Excellent people and communications skills and excellent customer service skills
- Must be process-oriented and self-motivated
- Must have the will and stamina to adapt and learn quickly
- Must have reliable transportation. May need to visit McLean, Virginia, and Rockville, Maryland, offices or other customer sites expected to be in the metro DC area
- Must complete Windows 10 (MD-100) & Microsoft Office 365 (MS-100) certifications within 180 days of employment
Skills and Experience Preferred (not required):
- Windows 7 certification, Microsoft Office certification, or other related technical certifications
- Experience with Active Directory in a Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 environment (1+ years of experience)
- Experience in hosted environments is a plus
- Microsoft Exchange experience
- Incident management or IT help desk ticketing system(s) experience
- IT monitoring systems experience
- Experience with supporting Cisco IOS and Android OS
- Associate degree with 1 year of IT operations work experience, or 2 years of IT operations work experience is required
Interested in applying for the service desk analyst position? Click here to apply for the Service Desk Analyst postion.